Why you should get an Amazon Echo Dot!
Amazon announced its second-generation Amazon Echo Dot, which costs $49.99 with free shipping. That’s already $40 less than the previous generation’s listed price.
The device is voice-controlled and uses Alexa to play music (via Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora), can control smart home devices (via Samsung SmartThings, Wemo, Nest) and do lots of misc. stuff like ordering Dominos, an Uber and even games. It features 802.11n dual-band wireless, Bluetooth, and a 3.5mm audio output. The Echo Dot is scheduled for release on October 20 with pre-orders being taken now!
Specs from Amazon:
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, and more