How To Stop Google Hangouts Pop-Ups on Chrome
If this has happened to you, you know it’s a real annoyance. No matter how many times I would close the Google Hangouts popup, it would keep returning. Argh! 🤬 First, I checked my installed apps on my Macbook. All seemed to be good there and I had the Google Hangouts app installed with the ‘correct’ settings. Then I checked my Chrome extensions. Turns out, this was the issue. I had both the chrome extension and the chrome app installed. Unbeknownst to me, the extension had the ‘Start Hangouts app when Chrome starts’ enabled. I simply disabled the extension in my browser and kept the app.
Here’s how I fixed my issue:
- Go into your Chrome settings
- Click on extensions in the left navigation
- Find Google Hangouts in the list of apps
- You can either disable the app (slide the toggle) or click on remove to get rid of it altogether.
- That’s it. That solved my issue and hopefully it solves yours as well!
For more our ‘How To’ posts, click here.